Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome to "Obama for Jesus"

Welcome to this, hopefully, up and coming blog. As you probably know, the Democratic senator from Illinois, Barack Obama, is running for president of the United States. As grand and crucial as the position of president is in this country, this blog is devoted to the idea that, though he is clearly the best candidate for president, Senator Obama is better fit for the position of "Jesus" in our society. I hope that Christians all across our great land will consider voting for Barack Obama to be our next Jesus. It's time for change that we can believe in!

While I wish Senator Obama the best of luck in his quest for the presidency, I cannot officially endorse his candidacy due to my opinion that a person cannot, in good faith, hold the positions of Jesus and president of the United States simultaneously. This blog will attempt to interpret the events of the presidential election season (and potentially the events of post-election America) from the perspective that Barack Obama should really be running for the position of Jesus. Thus, while it is clear that I am very impressed by Senator Obama and do not in any way support a John McCain presidency, my position is nuanced in that I cannot, as already mentioned, officially support Barack Obama for president.

I hope that this adventure proves fruitful and that you will enjoy it as much as I will. Feel free to send me any commentary of your own for potential publication. Stay tuned for my first "real" post and blessings to you in the name of Christ.

2 comments:

jenniferlgingerich said...

He's got my vote!

W.R. Shafter said...

Sorry Obama. I've voting for this guy.

http://www.opposable-thumbs.com/mt-static/archives/000200.html

We need a Jesus who's not afraid to throw some punches.